New School, Same City

I'm a college student and after deciding to find another school (I was getting nowhere with El Camino), I stumbled upon Westwood College, a collection of colleges around the country that specializes in several career programs. Knowing I had talent in art in some forms, I decided to go as a Game Art Major. Originally wanting to go to the campus in Torrance (its closer to home), I decided to go to the campus in Anaheim for several reasons: 1.) My sister goes to that campus so she can ease me into the school system. 2.) Proximity to Disneyland which is down the street.

I was initially nervous at first because the college runs different. There are no semesters, there are terms that last 9 weeks each. That can put a lot of pressure since work needs to be done in that short amount of time. But the first term was easy (and as its said, the first term is the only easy term you'll ever get). As the months went on, several teachers made me realize that I had talent that I didn't even know I had.

Now as I said, the school is just down the street from Disneyland and its natural to think of going there after classes are done for the day. This January term of 2014, Ive found myself going to Disneyland after class since I only have 2 classes. Its fun to just leave the school, hop on the bus and walk to my 2nd home!

And where exactly is my school? Just across from the Honda Center, the home of the NHL Team Anaheim Ducks (a team that Disney created themselves) so some Disney influence right there.

Overall, I'm happy with my college and the chance to visit Disneyland more!

Comments

  1. and you met an awesome friend there too!...me! come on! haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen-Live at the Hyperion: From concept to opening and personal thoughts

Remember Dreams Come True and Disneyland Forever

Disneyland Diamond Celebration: A look back to opening day of the 60th Anniversary