Let the Disney Rage, Rage On

Today was a huge uproar in the Disney Community as Disney announced that Malestrom, one of the 2 attractions in the World Showcase area of EPCOT will shut down next month to allow construction on a brand new ride based on Frozen.

I've watched on Twitter as fans voiced their displeasure ranging from "I'm sick of Frozen" to "Doesn't belong in EPCOT." The anger was just too much that I had to make my opinion of it known on my blog so that I can think freely.

To better understand how the hate is very real is to see where the new ride will be at. Firstly, its at EPCOT, a theme park based on the celebration of human achievement and innovation and something of a "Permanent Worlds Fair" with The World Showcase, an area of the park that represents Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, US, Japan, Morocco, France, UK and Canada. Each area of the showcase displayed various forms of entertainment and serves food from that particular country. The Norway pavilion was added later but still had the same idea as the other pavilions. Malestrom is a boat attraction that took you through the mythology of Norway with an optional 6 minute film about Norway after you rode it.

World Showcase was built to celebrate the nations that the pavilions represented so its easy to understand why so many fans were outraged when Disney announced that they were putting Frozen in which would be the first pavilion to have an attraction based on a Disney movie.

Now that we know about EPCOT, here's my opinion:

Do I think the movie deserves an attraction? Absolutely as long as its done right.

Do I agree with the placement? No because the Pavilions was never meant to include Disney films even if the story is in that area. Plus Fantasyland would've been a more ideal placement.

Do I feel outraged like everyone else? No because i'm not like those people and anger clouds a persons judgement. Plus since this is in Florida and not in California (I live in California) I don't see the point of complaining about the placement of a ride that I never been on...to an extent, another Disney Resort that I have never been to my whole life.

Would Disney put a Frozen Attraction in Disneyland? If they do, theres the area that used to house the Motorboat Cruise attraction they can use. But for now, we have no room for one.

Should we wait and see? Yes because we don't know how the new Frozen attraction will be. We don't even have concept art to see yet.

Overall, I'm on the fence just because of the placement of the attraction but we will just have to wait and see. The ride opens in 2 years so thats enough time to get the attraction right. And if its anything like the Tom Sawyer makeover to include elements of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, the hatred will eventually subside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen-Live at the Hyperion: From concept to opening and personal thoughts

Remember Dreams Come True and Disneyland Forever

Disneyland Diamond Celebration: A look back to opening day of the 60th Anniversary