Me, a Magical Map and a Red Car Newsboy


Its been an interesting 2014 at Disneyland. Not only does it include my usual routine of Indiana Jones, World of Color and the occasional chats with my Cast Member friends, it also included an unexpected new thing to do: Watch Magical Map more than once per visit. In its first year last year, I watched the show every now and then. It wasn't until January that I began watching the show everytime I visited.

When my January term started, the off-season at the Resort began and I got off early enough in the 3 days that I went to school that I went to Disneyland to have some fun till my mom got off work. Since I couldn't stay late for World of Color, Magical Map became the ideal substitute during weekday visits to the parks. The show is fun and the performers make the show alive. When I started uploading pics I took of the show on Instagram, thats when my obsession with Magical Map grew. Any performer at Map that has an Instagram found me through the hashtags I use on my pictures. Eventually, it turned into new friendships with the performers. Some follow me, most don't, some did but aren't following anymore. Not only did I make new friendships with some of the performers, I also made friends with other Magical Map fans as well.

There was also one new performer friend I made at Disney California Adventure and the story of how we became friends is similar. One day I watched the Red Car Newsboys and one of the performers found me on Instagram as well and began following me. What started as just smiling at each other and talking on Instagram turned into actual conversations after a showing.

I came a long way from how I did things at Disney when became a Annual Passholder in 2009 and i'm glad for the chance to meet new people!

One of the new Mapmakers 

One of the original Mapmakers I know.

The only performer at Newsboys I know

One of my favorite people at Map

Another favorite 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen-Live at the Hyperion: From concept to opening and personal thoughts

Remember Dreams Come True and Disneyland Forever

Disneyland Diamond Celebration: A look back to opening day of the 60th Anniversary