A Dazzling Diamond All Day Celebration


Recently I attended the launch day of the Disneyland Resorts Diamond Celebration which involved both parks open for 24 hours. This was also the debut of all 3 nighttime spectaculars in both parks created to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of Disneyland.


So how was the crowds? Think of New Years Eve+Christmas+24 Hour Day and you have an idea what it was like. By 2pm, Disneyland Park was closed off as the park reached capacity. I was lucky to park hop just before noon so I was spared the pain of waiting outside. A lot of groups that got there early enough camped out for Paint the Night. Even one of my stomping grounds, Magical Map saw full houses every performance!

I was one of the few that was able to see all 3 new shows during the 24 hour day as I had the day smartly planned out. After securing a 3am fastpass for World of Color Celebrate, I headed to Disneyland and stayed there until after the fireworks. Heres my review of all 3 shows:


Paint The Night: New Electrical Parade

This parade definitely brings back memories of the original Electrical Parade and even has its own drum and its own version of the Electrical Parade's Theme (Baroque Hoedown). Much needed return of nighttime parades to the Disneyland Resort after Disney's Electrical Parade moved to Walt Disney World in Florida. A must see!



World of Color Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney

Imagine Remember Dreams Come True in water fountain form. Thats basically what this show is. Neil Patrick Harris joins Mickey Mouse in honoring the legacy of Walt Disney as they explore his achievements in Animation and Disneyland. While many tourists may not exactly like the show due to its comparison to a documentary, its a fun show for Disney fans as it showcases some fun moments and new effects (watch out for the fireball)




Disneyland Forever

I don't usually cry in public. But last night changed all that. Disneyland Forever, while not intended to top Remember Dreams Come True, tugged at my emotions that RDCT couldn't. I think its because this show focused on Disney movies more than the park itself. I'm glad they went that route because RDCT already covered Disneyland Park itself. The show focused on one quote that Walt once said "As long as there is imagination in the world, Disneyland will never be completed." as it went through some of those Disney classics and some modern films as well. Imagine World of Color in Fireworks form. The exit song "Kiss Goodnight" written by Richard Sherman was great but it was the 2nd exit song which is a slow version of the shows theme "Live the Magic" that really made me break down in tears. I think the songs triggered some of my fun memories spent at Disneyland and watching the Disney movies that added to the Disneyland experience. It made me remember how special my bond to Disney is.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen-Live at the Hyperion: From concept to opening and personal thoughts

Remember Dreams Come True and Disneyland Forever

Disneyland Diamond Celebration: A look back to opening day of the 60th Anniversary