Random act of Kindness

Its not just the Cast Members that make the magic, another park guest can make magic as well! This was a couple of weeks ago on a Thursday afternoon at Paradise Pier at the Games of the Boardwalk.

On rare occasions, I'll play a game or 2 at the Games of the Boardwalk just for fun with no intent on winning anything. I was playing the game that involved shooting water at a target to get a fireman clown to the top and whoever gets up first either wins a Dumbo or Timothy depending on how many players. It was on this Thursday afternoon that I, by luck won the game and I got a Dumbo out of it. One of the players was a little girl who went back to her family afterwards. She wasn't crying or anything and seem to not have minded losing. The group was about to leave when I made a decision. There was 2 factors in making the decision that I made:

1.) I played the game 3 years ago and won a Dumbo already

2.) I figured I'd make someones day if they get a random surprise from someone that wasn't a Cast Member. Plus, I hope that by her seeing this, she'll be inspired to do some good deed like this when she gets older.

I came up to the family and offered them to have my prize. The family was surprised and accepted it after I explained to them that I already won a Dumbo and was just playing it for fun, not expecting to win. I handed it to the girl that played the game with me and the Mother came up to hug me and thank me for my act of kindness.

Sometimes you can help make someones day a lot better with surprises like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen-Live at the Hyperion: From concept to opening and personal thoughts

Remember Dreams Come True and Disneyland Forever

Disneyland Diamond Celebration: A look back to opening day of the 60th Anniversary