Disneyland turns 50!

It was a couple of days before July 17th, the day Disneyland turned 50. Me and my sister planned to be there on July 17th as our flight to the Philippines was on July 18th so it was a chance to get some Disneyland fix before the 3 week trip.

We left home around midnight to find a extremely long line at the Transportation Plaza on Harbor. We were guided through the entire area and soon enough, they let us in to Disney California Adventure to wait it out until they let us in at 7am. I remembered waiting in the San Fransisco Area of the park and the soon the sky lit up in grey with the June Gloom. No attractions were open but some places that sold food were open to provide breakfast items (we never bought food while at DCA) Shortly before 7, the began letting us in. Since our tickets were scanned (the scanners at DCA gates was programmed to accept admission for Disneyland Park) we were let in through the big gates in between the DL Ticket gates.

As soon as I headed into the park, we splitted up and I went to the Steam Trains where as it turned out, I was the first guest on the DLRR for the day!

Other things I remembered was getting the 50th Ears and a free cupcake by Frontierland. I waited for Fantasmic! but I fell asleep (thats what I get for camping out overnight) and by the time I woke up, the show was halfway done. After the show I went to Indy to wake myself up then went back to see the 2nd fantasmic! to make it up. After that I went home as I had to get ready for my flight to the Philippines.

It was tiresome and crazy, but it was worth being at Disneyland when it turned 50!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen-Live at the Hyperion: From concept to opening and personal thoughts

Remember Dreams Come True and Disneyland Forever

Disneyland Diamond Celebration: A look back to opening day of the 60th Anniversary